Thursday, September 29, 2005

New Orleans

Can someone tell me why the first businesses to reopen were strip clubs after the hurricanes? How about why the only things that seem to be reopening this week are a handful of restaurants and more bars? I guess its kind of good that one of the bars, Igors, also has a laundry in it. Wash and slosh! Woo hoo! I think the Big Easy might be a little too easy. Where was the Vampire Lestat while this lawlessness and looting was happening. He could have saved the day!
The police chief resigned this week. That's probably not a bad thing. His officers were right in there with the looters during this whole mess. One video clip showed two officers shoe shopping while looters raped the Walmart right in front of them. Then there is the use of brand new Cadillac Escalades as patrol vehicle by some of the local PD. The Chief claimed that they rescued the vehicles from looters and that they only used them as patrol vehicle to keep them out of the hands of the bad guys.
Then there is former FEMA Director Brown; This freak claims no responsibility for any of the post hurricane mess. I fully believe that he had issues getting the Mayor and the Governor to cooperate. After that his position becomes very shakey. FEMA did more harm than good after the fact. In Mississippi they actually set up a distribution point miles from where the damage was and expected the victims to come to them. I hope they fix that agency quick. We can't afford this big a chink in our armor.
I think that one of the groups that pisses me off the most is the Senate. They basically pressured Bush into taking action on the 9-11 Commissions recommendations. Now they are upset because the the President actually followed the commissions advice and put FEMA under Homeland Security. Who are his loudest critics? My homestate's current Senators, Kerry and the lady killer Ted Kennedy. It makes me sick to say I'm from that state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home