Sunday, May 02, 2010

New Snake


My amelanated corn snake, Rosey, died last month. Because I accidentally had left a male mouse in with he female mice I was left with an overabundance of the little rodents. When my brother came to visit this weekend I was telling him about my plight. Right at as I was talking to him I noticed one of the mice had gotten out of the plastic Bin that they live in. I grabbed it before it could escape and threw it back into the bin. I had not fully removed the cover of the bin so I did not know what was happening but there seemed to be a minor commotion happening in the enclosure. I looked through the opaque side of the bin and saw the shadow of a small snake randomly striking at the mice. When I popped the top off I found this small emory rat snake fending off a bunch of scared and angry mice. The bulge in its belly tells me that one of the mice ended up on his dinner plate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home