Monday, February 20, 2006

Quotes of Unknown Origin

Silence of the Lambs; an older movie but a good one. It was playing this evening on cable and I decided to look up one of the phrases from the movie, "It rubs the lotion on its skin." I heard the phrase used in the movie "Joe Dirt" but I wasn't sure where they had gotten it. Then I saw it in Silence... I found out someone also did a song based on this saying. Interesting how these little quotes can make it around and you never quite know where they started.

Another one that I recently located the origin of was a quote by
Alexander Pope. The quote was "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread." It was from one of his poetical works, An Essay on Criticism. I've heard it again and again but never knew the origin. Now I know and if you are reading this so do you. Do you care? Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home