Friday, January 06, 2006

Why?

132 dead; For what? They killed 132 people yesterday in Iraq, only 7 were US servicemen. They didn't discriminate in age; they killed children and adults. Most were Shiite pilgrims but they also hit a group of police recruits. These animals want to claim to be Muslim. I doubt this. I believe the Muslim religion is more violent than most, but even they have rules for when its OK to hurt the enemy. They are not supposed to kill unarmed people; they are not supposed to attack non-combatants like women and children. They are especially not supposed to kill other Muslims.

The Shiites were cast in a bad limelight for the secret prison that had torturer victims last month. I almost see why they did it though. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating the torture. I'm saying I understand the desire for revenge that motivated it. I feel it and this isn't even happening in my country. A part of me wants to cause the same hurt on these militants that they cause on other people. I see them as less than human somehow. I know this is wrong but it is hard to suppress the desire.


I guess violence does beget violence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home