Monday, August 08, 2005

Peter Jennings

Weird, I didn't know he was 67 and I had no idea that he had cancer. I remember all the ruckus with the fake document scandal against President Bush. After that I really didn't pay attention, even when the media tried to blow it out of proportion. Now, you won't here that mentioned. Nothing but the good times. I guess that is a good thing. I've always been told its impolite to speak ill of the dead.

Its a bit strange; when I here of a celebrities death. I feel like I knew them. Its as if they were a friend of a friend or something. I feel a little bit sad. Some of that sadness stems from the fact that his last real big story was full of scandal and false documents. We cannot let that story overshadow what was an outstanding career as a journalist.

RIP Peter...

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I kind of mixed up Rather and Jennings in this one. I was really cluesless as to what was happenning with Jennings.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home