Wednesday, October 19, 2005

House Buying

I'm looking into buying a house in Tallahassee. If you have never done this (and I haven't) you don't know what you are missing. I saved enough for a down payment, 5%. I thought I was good to go, but no. You see there are these little things called closing costs; only they are not so little. Everybody sticks their fingers into your pie. Everyone who could have anything to do with anything tries to get a little money out of you. What you end up with is a closing cost that can be higher than the down payment on the house. Why does property ownership have to be so hard? Then, to top it off, the mortgage company wants to make sure that your are indebted to them for as many decades as possible. They don't even want to talk about a mortgage for less than $50,000. That would mean that you might pay it off while you were still young. All in All its pretty frustrating. I almost want to walk away and say forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home