Sunday, June 18, 2006

Originality in Hollywood

Originality seems to have been sucked out of Hollywood lately. We keep getting pounded with remake after remake and they all suck! I watch the remake of the Pink Panther yesterday and I was very disappointed. I hated the King Kong remake. OK, so I wasn't very fond of the original either. The new one had better special effects but the story was pretty much the exact same as the original.

Another thing that has become vogue in the movies is to remake movies and TV shows as comedies. It was somewhat nostalgic and humorous way back when they redid the Brady bunch but its gotten old. Do I need to mention the spoof movies that have blossomed out of control. I'm talking about the Naked Gun genre of course. Again, this was original when airplane came out but now its just lame.

Hollywood needs to stop complaining about low profits and theater attendance and concentrate more on making something that is worth watching. Even then, I personally will not go to the theater unless it is something that I really believe will entertain me. The cost of popcorn is just too high :) At least by watching the Pink Panther at home I can microwave my Popcorn for about 50 cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home