Saturday, September 10, 2005

Loss of Choices

I'm seeing supply and demand in action. Its crazy. So many people have moved into the area and gotten apartments that you can't find any vacancies. The house prices have risen as much as 40%. People are purchasing these houses sight unseen in some cases.

The little city of Baton Rouge has grown too rapidly. The current infrastructure cannot keep up with the large influx of people. I'm not just talking about public services like fire and police; Even the phone system is tied up. Its rare that you can make a long distance call during the day. You always get the little message, the lines are currently busy. Pleas try again later.

You wouldn't believe the traffic problems either. My ride to work has increased from 20 Minutes to over 40 on a bad day. Coming home is worse. It takes me anywhere from 30 minutes if I leave early to 1 1/2 hours if I leave too late to miss the rush hour.

Many locals are saying that they wish it would go back to the old way. I don't think it ever will. I do not think that it'll ramain as big as it is but it'll definitely never go back to 200K either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home