Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Is God Mad At Us?

I was actually asked that at work today; 22 Storms, 3 major hurricanes hitting the US, 2 of them in Louisiana. Not to mention the flooding in my homestate, Mass. and the Nor' Easter that resulted from Hurricane Wilma. I'm thinking, "probably no more than usual." If he is mad at us, he is not as mad as he is with those in Afghanastan, Pakastan, India or Malasia. The Tsunami killed over 100,000 and the earth quakes this month killed about 40,000 in Pakastan and India. Following the logic of the person who asked the question, God is mad at the U.S., or maybe its just the Christians here, not sure. However, he is totally, Biblically pissed at the Muslims and Hindus. Personnally I think it is just the way things are. I do not think global warming is as bad as they say, nor do I believe that this weather pattern is so totally abnormal. It has happened before. It will happen again. While Rita was messing up Louisiana and Texas there was a snowstorm that dumped 12 inches of snow up north, in early October. Where was the global warming then? It has been in the 40's here in Baton Rouge for the past 2 mornings. Are these unusual cold spells also part of global warming? I remember a few years when I was younger, up in New England, where the temperature stayed mostly in the 60's through December and other years where our first snow was in October. Neither God's wrath nor global warming helps to put that into context to me. Some things just are, deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home