Friday, July 07, 2006

Comparison of two faiths:

The highest aspiration in the Christian religion is to become a Saint.
The highest aspiration in Islam is to become a martyr.

Broken down: Christians hope to live Holy lives and Muslims hope to die and when they do, they like to take lots of people with them.

Christians can be martyr also but there is also a difference here:

Christian martyrs die for their religion, they do not kill for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the sarcasm here but I was reading how two of the bombers from London last year were trained by al-Qaida and that they hoped to become martyrs. How low can you feel so low that someone can convince you to blow yourself up with the hopes of glory in the after-life? I want to get to heaven as much as the next guy but I cannot believe God wants me to die early to get there nor can I believe that he would have me kill someone else to do it. Its sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home